Tuesday, October 24, 2017

On Reading


The above really hits home for me and that's OK. It's not a "problem" the above is just amusing. I do want to be a better reader though.

So I'm going to try and follow the advice of Arthur Schopenhauer on reading and books.

And I'm going to figure out what best work for me when it comes to this; How to remember what you've read. If you can't remember what you've read you've basically wasted your time. I have to work on this aspect of reading and I really agree with this observation:
As a general rule, people who love reading never, ever finish a crappy book.
It took me a long time to realize this. I was a stubborn Irishman and damn it if I started a book I was going to finish the damn thing. No longer and I'm a much better reader for the change.

Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment