Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Abe Vigoda

Abe Vigoda is dead. He is no more. He's ceased to be. He's joined the choir invisible.

I learned about his death from Keith who pointed out that the site IsAbeVigodaDead.com was almost instantly updated (same with AbeVigoda.com). Vigoda was known for basically three things - playing Sal Tessio from The Godfather, Detective Fish from Barney Miller and for not being dead. Now he'll just be remembered for being Sal Tessio and Detective Fish.

When I think about Abe Vigoda - this episode of Barney Miller always comes to mind.

I was almost convinced that Abe Vigoda was immortal.

1 comment:

  1. Picking Abe Vigoda in the dead pool finally paid off for somebody. I didn't know he was that old, I thought he was younger than he looked which is why everyone thought he was dead.

    The world is a smaller place without him.

    ReplyDelete