Sunday, October 06, 2013

The New National Anthem - Free Bird

If I were in Congress every April 1st I would propose a law changing the National Anthem to Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird. I think that would be great. I bet you would get a lot of Congressional support for the law from the South too.

How great would it be if the law went into effect prior to the next Olympic Games? Imagine other countries having to sit through 9 minutes of Southern Rock each time a US Olympian medaled - or would that be metaled? Imagine proud US citizens playing air guitar while the world watched - each citizen putting their own stamp on the guitar anthem. It would be awesome.

Already the words "Free Bird" are a joke/insult to most musicians or bands - how ironic would it be if they all had to actually learn to play the song? Play Free Bird would take on a whole new meaning and level of hostility from other bands.

Too bad I'm not in Congress.



No comments:

Post a Comment