Monday, September 24, 2012

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I watched the first half of last night's game at one bar and the second half of the game at another. The one thing the patrons at each place had in common was the opinion that the replacement refs in the Patriots / Ravens game were awful... So let me get this straight - Elizabeth Warren is technically only an Indian and a licensed lawyer in her own mind. Well OK then... Did blowing into Nintendo cartridges actually help? I admit to blowing on the connectors. I think it helped no matter what studies say... Ronald Reagan thought that unemployment was a major problem in 1976 when 7.5 million Americans were out of a job. You have to wonder what he'd say today when that number is at 23 million (and growing)... The son of the most interesting man in the world... If I'm ever in a relationship with a woman who keeps Moet et Chandon in a cabinet - I'm pretty sure I'm going to bail. Thanks Queen's Lyrics for the dating advice... Awesome photo of the space shuttle Endeavor.. The Jetsons was set in 2062. I don't think we should have to wait that long for flying cars or robot maids... If I had unlimited cash - I'd buy the Atlanta Braves just so I could rename Turner Field to Hank Aaron Field. That's a wrong that's been waiting to be righted for too long... Mitt Romney made less money last year than Jon Stewart but the Daily Show will keep poking fun at Romney as the rich guy...