Saturday, April 28, 2012

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I can see watching the first round of the NFL draft. Lots of big name players and this is the round that has the biggest impact on your team's future. I can even see watching the second day of drafting but if you are still tuned into the draft today - then you should do some re-evaluation about what's important in your life... Interesting little story from Ken Levine that bridges minor league baseball with popular culture... Perhaps the best use possible for $5 is the purchase of a box of 100 freeze pops. I consider freeze pops one of the most under-rated of man's inventions... I know I'm not the first to point this out but the initials for the new Coors Light Iced Tea product spells out CLIT. "Hey guys let's go out and grab some CLIT!"...  During some of the NFL draft I laid on the couch with my eyes closed and I would have sworn they had Sylvester the cat explaining some of the picks. Turns out it was just Mike Mayock... Very cool - a glass floor bathroom built over a 15-story elevator shaft... Pretty sure that the Romney people are thinking that Rick Santorum can shove his endorsement up his ass... Heh heh...