Friday, January 13, 2012

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I have to wonder if after the debacle that was the Ryan Madson non-deal with the Phillies - if Scott Boras cannot get Prince Fielder a megadeal - will he try to use a big deal for Jacoby Ellsbury to try and restore some of his lost luster? As a Red Sox fan - I hope so... I don't care how good a Rick Reilly piece is or how highly recommended it comes - I've wasted too many hours of my life reading his mailed in pieces to ever take the chance of letting him cheat me out of any more slices of my lifetime...  Cool - old picture of Mitt Romney and Muhammad Ali... I wonder if Tim Tebow is going to wear wool socks and sandals when he comes out to New England. He would certainly fit the Jesus Boots profile... If Andrew Bynum was a baseball player - he'd be JD Drew... Heh heh - is Mitt Romney's large penis the new Bababooey?... Jets fans talking about getting Peyton Manning smells a lot like Penn State fans talking about getting Nick Saban to replace Joe Paterno... When did people switch from calling the NFL Playoffs "the playoffs" to calling it "the tournament"? Was there a memo?... Best pole dance move ever!!... Every time I see Newt Gingrich speak - I keep expecting a bad lip-reading bit to break out... Taking a trip on the Orient Express is definitely on my bucket list... Farts - an under appreciated threat to astronauts (listing this under science).