Thursday, September 22, 2011

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

OK I admit I'm panicking in Boston! The loss last night really set me off. This was supposed to be a championship caliber team and now I'm wondering if they will even make the playoffs. Yup - the preseason loss by the Boston Bruins has really made me question things... Particles found to break speed of light. Wait - what? I thought this was settled science?... Lance Berkman signs a 1-year extension with the St. Louis Cardinals. As good as Berkman's been for the Cardinals - the cynic in me wonders if this is an insurance policy against Albert Pujols leaving as a free agent. Remember Berkman also plays 1st base... The Amazing Fact Generator. Just awesome... Sam Simon once asked poker champ Dan Harrington why he didn't have a poker sponsor. Harrington responded that he didn't have a sponsor because he didn't want to go to jail... What if everything worked like the BCS: the Spelling Bee. This is WICKED AWESOME.... If I had a brewery that competed against Heineken - I would have a commercial featuring two skunks drinking Heineken and saying things like that they loved this beer and how they didn't even have to leave the beer out in the sun for hours to get it to taste the way skunks like beer to taste... The year Mariano Rivera came up with the Yankees - Jack McDowell was the ace of the pitching staff. Yeah - that Blackjack McDowell... Heh heh - Epilepsy my cock... July was National American Beer Month and August was National Anal Sex Month. I think it would be more interesting if in the future they combined the two...

No comments:

Post a Comment